Udvalgte engelske citater
- You can do anything, but not everything – David Allen
- The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up – Mark Twain
- Don’t handicap your children by making their lives easy – Robert A. Heinlein
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily – Zig Ziglar
- True friends stab you in the front – Oscar Wilde
- It is difficult, but not impossible, to conduct strictly honest business – M. Gandhi
- Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears – John Lennon
- You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else – Albert Einstein
Flere engelske citater
- As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death – Leonardo da Vinci
- In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes – Benjamin Franklin
- Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination – Mark Twain
- A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends – Baltasar Gracian
- Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city – George Burns
- Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age – Victor Hugo
- The old believe everything: the middle-aged suspect everything: the young know everything – Oscar Wilde
- The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty – Winston Churchill
Øvrige citater på engelsk
- Don’t fall in love rise with it – Amit Abraham
- The best things in life are unseen. That’s why we close our eyes when we kiss, laugh and dream – Unknown
- Love: The irresistable desire to be irresistibly desired – Mark Twain
- … you’ll have to fall in love at least once in your life, or Paris has failed to rub off on you – E.A. Bucchianeri
- Everytime I look at the keyboard, I always see U and I together – Facebook status
- Whatever makes you feel bad, leave it. Whatever makes you smile, keep it – Facebook status
- Accept what you cannot change; Change what you cannot accept – Unknown
- Work like you don’t need money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one’s watching – Unknown
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
― J.R.R. Tolkien
Se også disse sider: